Natassia and I met over a love for the charred cauliflower dish at True Food Kitchen Chicago (with a mix of tahini, harrisa, dates, mint and dill, you have to try this dish!).
I discovered she turned to a plant-based diet back in 2010 in response to health concerns (and never looked back once it changed the way she felt!)
While searching for tasty and healthy options as a newly minted vegan, she started www.veggieluvparadise.com, which is a passport of places, dishes, tips and recipes of things she loves.
After a few dinners, exploring Chicago's vibrant vegan scene, I casually mentioned putting a food tour together of all our favorite spots. With Natassia's knowledge of where to find great vegan dishes and my passion for all things healthy (diet and detoxing), Chicago's First Ever Plant-Based Vegan Tour was born!
Centered in Chicago’s River North/Gold Coast neighborhoods, you’ll be introduced to some of our personal favorites, hand picked to demonstrate the quality and variety of plant-based offerings in Chicago.
You’ll eat your way through 6 tasty stops, each location showcasing an appetizer, main course, or dessert carefully selected from their menu. Portions will be “tapas style” so that you can taste all that the tour has to offer. This tour is great for getting together with friends, showing off the city to out-of-town guests, or celebrating a special occasion.
Come join us as we explore one of the most beautiful cities around!
For tour dates and to purchase tickets, click here
*** We are also available for private tours! From corporate to MeetUp groups to a tour with your friends, we love highlighting the best plant-based dishes Chicago has to offer. Please contact us for more details. ***
In celebration of the launch of Lifting the Veil, please enjoy a reduced rate of $47 for tour tickets with the discount code, liftingtheveil
Can't wait to see you on the tour!
Who is this for?
- Whether you’re vegan, pescatarian or carnivore, all dietary styles are welcome! These vegan dishes are selected to please all palettes
- For those wanting to explore tasty and healthy options, ranging from sit down restaurants to fast casual
- For the food tourist, looking for more than just hot dogs and deep dish pizza
- For those looking to discover a new way to navigate menus, wherever you go out to eat
- For those who love eating healthy and want to connect with others who share the same passion!
What to bring?
- It’s a walking tour, so wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather! The tour will take place regardless of the elements, so bring an umbrella, coat, gloves, sunglasses or boots as needed.
- Money/Credit Cards for any additional purchases you wish to make at the stops.
- Excitement and openness! The tour is designed for a group of no more than 12 people, so all can connect and mingle with fellow food adventurers.
- Your appetite!
What are the specifics?
- Each stop will include a tasting portion of the restaurants’ most popular (and tastiest!) dish(es).
- Tours occur on Saturdays/Sundays starting at 2pm.
- A total tour duration of approximately 3 hours.
- Tours will include a total walking distance of 3/4 of a mile.
- Ticket price will cover all tastings.
- The day before the tour, you will receive an email with the meeting location.
- Tour is limited to 12 guests.
- Tour cost – $65
What if I have food allergies?
- We will do our best to accommodate any food allergies, but we cannot guarantee options at every location. Please contact us five days in advance with any allergies or specific needs.
What if I need to cancel/reschedule?
- Cancellation policy – we totally understand things come up – tours are non-refundable however feel free to email us if you’d like to reschedule.
- Reschedule policy – we are more than happy to try and accommodate tour date changes. Please email us no later than two weeks before your tour to request a change.
- Late policy – if you are running late, please email us as soon as possible. We will keep you updated, but the tour will start promptly at 2pm.