This recipe is from my amazing friend Niyati. She is a vegan dermatologist who loves to share her passion for oil and sugar free cooking and baking.
She whipped these up for a vegan game night I was hosting and everyone wanted the recipe. These are a satisfying and healthy option – especially when you need something you can just grab and go.
- 3 cups of shredded veggies (a food processor helps!) – try zucchini, carrots and spinach
- 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups flour (she used equal parts rice flour, quinoa four and gluten free flour from Trader Joe’s, I used equal parts sprouted brown rice flour and sprouted chickpea flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I like to use non-fortified one from Sari Foods because nutritional yeast doesn't naturally have B12 in it, but most brands at it in as a synthetic vitamin -- and I like to avoid that :)
- 1-2 cups non-dairy milk
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups (I like to use the If You Care Unbleached Baking Cups because they aren’t bleached with chlorine unlike traditional white or metallic baking cups).
Add veggies to a food processor or shred with a box grater or knife.
Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl. Be careful not to over mix the batter or it could get tough. Bake for 40 minutes.
Tahini Drizzle Glaze
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut aminos (soy free alternative)
- 1 tablespoon mustard paste
Whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle over muffins once ready to serve and enjoy!